In 2017, CEPF launched ConservationGrants, an online system to manage large grants and grant applications. Through ConservationGrants, you can:
- Submit all required reports and documents.
- Complete applications in collaboration with colleagues.
- Receive automated notifications about your application submissions, payment releases and report reminders.
- View a complete list of your past submitted proposals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to use Conservation Grants or can I submit my grant application another way?
If you are applying for a large grant, you can do so only through ConservationGrants. If your project receives CEPF funding, you'll continue to use this system throughout the lifecycle of your grant.
If you are applying for a small grant, you will not use ConservationGrants. Instead, you will typically submit your letter of interest by email. Read the call for proposals for specific instructions.
How do I submit a proposal in Conservation Grants?
1. Create an account in ConservationGrants
- Visit ConservationGrants and click either “New User?” or “Click here to create an account.” (If you already have an account, go to step 3.)
- You will see a screen requesting your personal details, including your name and email address. Complete this information and then click “Next.”
- The system will request the legal name and address of your organization. Complete these details and click “Next.” If you need to update your personal details, click the “or go back a step” button located to the right of the “Next” button.
- In the final screen, review your username generated by the system and create your password (password must be at least 8 characters long, and must include both letters and numbers). Write down your username, as you will need this to access ConservationGrants after registration. Once you are satisfied with your username and password, click “Register.” You will know this worked when you see a message that reads “Thank you for registering. Please check your email to confirm your email address.”
2. Confirm your ConservationGrants account
- Log in to your email account and open the email with the subject “CEPF Grantee Community – Email Verification.”
- Click on the link in the email to confirm your email address. You will know this was successful when you see a message that reads “Congratulations! Your communities portal login has been reviewed and approved. Please click on the Go to Login Page to get started.”
3. Create Application in ConservationGrants
- Go to the grants page and find the relevant open call for proposals. (Applications submitted after the closing date will not be processed.)
- If you are not logged into ConservationGrants, you will be prompted to log in.
- Review the call for proposals information to be sure you are applying for the correct call.
- Click “Create Application” in the lower-right corner of the page to begin your application.
- You may save your work at any time and return later to continue by logging into ConservationGrants and locating the existing application on your dashboard. There is no need to create a new application.
Help! I've forgotten my password. How do I find it?
Still have questions?
Download our complete Frequently Asked Questions document (PDF - 337 KB) on the ConservationGrants portal (must be logged in). You can also find step-by-step directions for all parts of the application process in our grantee manual (must be logged in):