CEPF's grantees play a vital role in helping us assess and report on the effectiveness of our program.
Baseline monitoring at start of project
New grantees submit baseline monitoring information within three months of the start date of their grant, which sets the stage for CEPF to measure change over the course of the grant.
The precise monitoring information required depends upon the purpose of the grant, but the following tools are most commonly required:
1. Management Effectiveness Tracking Tool. Used by CEPF to determine the number of protected areas with improved management. What is the METT? (PDF - 463 MB)
- English (Excel - 122 KB)
- French (Excel - 53 KB)
- Portuguese (Excel - 146 KB)
- Spanish (Excel - 122 KB)
2. Civil Society Tracking Tool. Used by CEPF to determine the number of CEPF grantees with improved organizational capacity.
- English (Excel - 152KB)
- Spanish (Excel - 134KB)
- French (Excel - 142 KB)
- Malagasy (Excel - 137 KB)
- Portuguese (Excel - 152 KB)
- Indonesian (Excel - 606 KB)
3. Gender mainstreaming tracking tool – *required for all grantees (one per organization). Used by CEPF to determine the number of CEPF grantees with improved understanding of and commitment to gender issues.
- English (Excel - 28 KB)
- Spanish (Excel - 26 KB)
- French (Excel - 26 KB)
- Malagasy (Excel - 26 KB)
- Portuguese (Excel - 26 KB)
- Indonesian (Excel - 25 KB)
Monitoring upon completion of project
Within two months after the grant ends, a final completion report—including quantitative data on impacts—must be submitted.
- For large grants, this report will be completed through CEPF's online grant management system.
- For small grants, the report will be completed offline, using a template provided by the regional implementation team.
Grantees who submitted baseline monitoring tools at the beginning of their grant also submit final versions at the end, to show any changes that occurred during the project.
This reporting on the part of our grantees helps CEPF measure not only each grantee's success, but also the CEPF program's progress at the global scale.